Date(s) - 02/15/2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Each third Monday our open meeting aims to present pagan learning topics to both pagans and interested non-pagans in the community.
This month for Black History Month we are exploring the intersectionality of paganism and race by creating and charging (or energizing) individualized sigils to aid us in our work combating racism. Our meeting will include a simple participatory ritual. If you would like to participate, have some paper and a writing implement and be thinking of an anti-racist phrase that is meaningful for you.
Examples might include:
- “Black Lives Matter”
- “I will speak up even when it’s uncomfortable”
- “Speak truth to power” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The time is always right to do what is right” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “We . . . covenant to affirm and promote: journeying toward spiritual wholeness by working to build a diverse multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions.” — Proposed UU 8th Principle
Meeting ID: 817 2629 4450