Date(s) - 11/15/2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
TahomaUU Middle School Room
WeServe is a six-week, intensive learning journey, led by Matt Aspin, our Ministerial Intern, and is designed to develop collaborative leadership skills within our community through action, learning, and reflection. Participants will:
- Examine beliefs about service to self and others
- Practice deep listening
- Consider social location and its impact on perspective
- Develop and deepen connection to community
- Strengthen and expand individual capacity to serve
Who: Caring individuals who wonder if they are doing enough, and are ready to challenge their beliefs about what it means to serve. Participants commit to attending all six sessions, doing readings in preparation for the sessions, and performing acts of service outside of the sessions. Registration is required, and group size will be very limited to allow maximum participation during sessions together. Depending on interest, another session may be offered in the spring.
- Saturday, October 21st, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Wednesday, October 25th, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 1st, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 8th, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 15th, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 18th, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon