Date(s) - 12/21/2021
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Turning of the Wheel: A Winter Solstice Bardic Story and Song Circle
Tuesday, December 21, 2021
7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 898 0976 0693
Join the TUUC group, Infinite CUUPS, on Zoom like the bards of old for an all-ages sharing of sources that relate to the upcoming Winter Solstice! Celebrated by pagan and earth-centered traditions under various names such as Yule, Midwinter, Mother’s Night, Saturnalia, or the (re)Birth of the Sun. In many traditions this is an all-night festivity, either somber vigil or raucous celebration. So come in your comfy clothes – or even your pajamas! – and bring your own hot beverage of choice and join us on zoom from the comfort of your couch. You can offer a song, story, or poem to rejoice with us in the promise of brighter days to come.
Here are our guidelines, a “must read” if you intend to share an offering:
- 3-5 minutes max. Please time yourself in advance – thanks!
- We welcome material related to the Winter Solstice and Yule. You can read or tell a story, recite a poem, or sing a song.
Please make sure you:
- Offer material appropriate for all ages
- Know the culture of the material you are sharing. If it is a “Native” story please find out what tribe or tribes and the locations it comes from.
- Credit the author (if known)
Please choose indigenous wisdom, pagan traditions, and folktales that focus on the Midwinter, Solstice, and the return of the sun, (but not Christmas, as there are other spaces for sharing Christmas song & stories).