Outdoor Gathering Guidelines for TUUC Sponsored Events in Public Spaces
July 29, 2021
TUUC will begin coming together again in person at outdoor gatherings. Being together outdoors will provide the lowest risk environment for all ages, all stages, and all abilities. Outdoor gatherings might include a few hours in a local park, a beach walk, a hike, a gathering in the church parking lot, etc.
We ask that outdoor gatherings groups identify a group leader who will:
● Keep a contact log of all participants.
● Inform participants that they must contact the group leader if they test positive for COVID-19 during the 14 days following the event.
● Contact all group attendees if anyone is diagnosed with COVID-19 during the 14 days following the event.
Because we want to protect the most vulnerable among us, we ask that all participants follow these guidelines :
1. Gatherings will be limited to two hours.
2. Bring your own food, beverages, hand sanitizer, chairs and any play equipment you might use (water blaster, cards, kites, etc.)
3. Provide a login sheet to capture names and contact information. This log will be kept for three weeks following the event.
4. Masking is perfectly acceptable and even encouraged.
5. Please do a wellness self-check before the gathering. The following symptoms are some of the reasons to stay home:
a. Fever of over 100.4 degrees
b. Respiratory issues
c. New loss of taste or sense of smell
6. Those who have been exposed, are symptomatic, or have tested positive may not attend any events until their recommended isolation period is over.
7. When we gather, please observe social distancing. For example, if you plan to set up a circle of chairs, make sure they are six feet apart.
8. As much as we miss hugging, please refrain. (We know this will be hard.)
9. We will not be singing – even outdoors – due to the projection of aerosols. (Feel free to bring string or percussion instruments but no instruments that you blow through.)
Please let us know what you are thinking and feeling and any ideas you might have for gatherings: TUUCComingTogether@gmail.com
Outdoor Gathering Guidelines approved by Board of Trustees