The Coming Together Team is working overtime to provide guidance so our congregation can come together in person outside and inside. We understand what a long, hard haul this has been for everyone – and that it has been harder for some than for others. We hear, see and feel the pain, the frustration, the loneliness, the fear, and the grief. We honor the ongoing challenge of finding resilience, joy and community during the past many, many months. We are working to map a path toward being together again in person and to provide more online gathering experiences for those who aren’t quite ready to gather in person.
This is what that looks like:
- Your responses to the survey (emailed and accessible from the ENews) were invaluable. Thanks to the large number of folks who responded!
- Outdoor gatherings are available. Check the ENews!
- Online gatherings are available. Check the ENews!
- Guidelines for gathering in person indoors and outdoors will be published soon. Our goal? To provide experiences that will work for a variety of ages and interests with as least risk to the most vulnerable as possible. Contact the Coming Together Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have ideas or would like to lead a small group
- Getting the building ready for occupancy – no small task! Contact the Coming Together Team if you would like to help with inside or outside cleanup tasks.
- Contact the Coming Together Team if you have ideas about gatherings that you might like to lead. We are happy to help!
We also invite you to enjoy the Collaborative Sunday Services via Zoom through the end of August. It has been great fun meeting people from the Saltwater UU Church in Des Moines and the Northlake UU Church in Kirkland, and experiencing the different ways that people celebrate.
With deep care and respect for each person’s experience during this past year (and more),
The Coming Together Team: Sabbatical Minister Rev. Joe Rettenmaier, Director of Religious Exploration Nancy Slocum, Christine Chansley, Dave and Cindy Hackett and Church Administrator Libby Ball