We Are Hiring
TUUC is looking for a few good people to join our team. We are looking for a part-time administrator and part-time bookkeeper. See the descriptions below for more information.
Part-time Office Administrator
$20-22 per hour, depending on experience
Tahoma Unitarian Universalist Congregation is a liberal congregation that values diversity, inclusion, and justice. See our website tahomauu.com for more information about our congregation. The Office Administrator will work with staff and congregants to provide support of the ministry and programs of the congregation.
The Office Administrator position is part-time, 15 to 20 hours per week, and reports to the Minister.
- Organizational skills
- Customer Service focus
- Technical skills
- Attention to detail
- Provide general administrative and technical support for all stakeholders
- Maintain/update website events calendar and content
- Maintain member database
- Work with the Bookkeeper, prepare weekly deposits
- Coordinate building rentals and readiness
- Other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Expected to work most Sunday mornings; will establish standard onsite office hours in consultation with the Minister
- Combination of onsite and work from home schedule may be possible
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time required
- 3+ years demonstrated success providing general administrative support to an organization
- Customer service experience
- An understanding of basic database administration, record maintenance, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions with minimal oversight
- Proficient with WordPress (or similar web design software), and MS Office Suite
- Successfully undergo a criminal background check
- Commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records pertaining to the church staff and membership, including, but not limited to, members’ personal data, Minister and staff correspondence, appointments, salary and payroll records.
Please submit a current resume and a cover letter to tahomauujobs at gmail dot com. The cover letter should describe your experience with the duties described, as well as your understanding of our church’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Position is open until filled, with a first consideration date of February 16, 2023.